Woodhouse Cottages Access Statement
Daubentons is a two-storey converted hop barn with two hop kilns. Living accommodation is on the first floor and bedrooms are downstairs.
The Wainhouse is a single-storey converted wagon store with front access.
Listed Buildings regulations have prevented some alterations being made as The Woodhouse itself is Grade 2* Listed and these buildings are within its curtilege. However, they have been converted with the intention of welcoming as many people as possible.Please call us on 01531 640030 if you have any queries. We look forward to welcoming you.
- Two websites (www.thewoodhousefarm.co.uk and www.thewoodhousefarmcottages.co.uk )
- Bookings/enquiries can be made by email, 'phone or post.
- Information can be supplied in large print upon request.
- The nearest bus stop is 200 yards from the end of the drive but buses are infrequent.
- The nearest railway station (Ledbury) is 2 miles away. A list of taxi firms is provided at the station.
- Public transport timetables and taxi details available at the cottages.
- We can arrange for the collection of guests from the station.
- We can arrange for the delivery of groceries for your arrival. Please let us know your requirements.
- Shop mobility scheme available in Ledbury (2 miles) Tues.- Sat. 9.30-12.30. Wheelchairs, scooters and walking aids available at Shop Mobility (further details from Mr. Reg Taylor 01531 636333).
- Commodes, bath seats, chair-risers and other aids can be hired. Please ask for price list.
- Ring and Ride service in Ledbury - requires two days' notice. Public transport rates.
- Due to the historic nature of the properties which have made adaptation difficult, guests with impaired mobility or vision should be accompanied by a non-impaired companion.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Car parking is available outside Daubentons (four spaces) and immediately outside the front door of The Wainhouse. Gravelled parking but within a few feet of stone-flagged area outside Daubentons, and within 2-3 feet of The Wainhouse front door (no kerbs).
- rear access to vehicles possible.
- Daubentons - step down (15cms) to flagged area leading to two steps up (20 cms and 17cms) to porch and then another step (16cms) into house.
- Door is 81cms wide.
- Outside light operated by movement sensor. Lighting under porch operated by switch in house.
- The Wainhouse - one step up (7 cms) from parking to door. 10 mm threshold strip.
- door 75 cms wide.
- signage is black slate with white lettering cut into surface.
- outside light operated by movement sensor in parking area for The Wainhouse can be turned on if requested.
- we can assist if required, for example with carrying luggage.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Daubentons – front door is hung to right.
- The Wainhouse - front door is side hung to left.
- personal welcome to familiarise guests with facilities.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- Daubentons – hallway is flat and carpeted. Passageway is 145 cms wide going down to 106 cms wide just before stairs.
- Staircase – 106 cms wide. Five steps up with oak handrail to right, two steps turning to left, six steps up with oak handrail to left. Steps are 20cms high.
- Living aread upstairs is paved with travertine and covered with rugs.
• Large dining table - 72cms high. Chairs are 48 x 56 x 43cms.
- Seating is in variety of armchairs/sofas of varying sizes.
- TV with teletext plus DVD/video, CD, radio and tape player. Remote control.
- Wall lighting with table lamps.
- The Wainhouse - sitting/dining area has new level oak floorboards with rug.
• gateleg table seats four.
- tabletop 69 cms high.
- two chairs with padded seats provided ( no arms).2 more available.
- Seats 47 cms high.
- two seater sofa with arms.
- sofa seat 49 cms high.
- TV with teletext plus DVD/video, CD, radio and tape player.Remote control.
- TV sitting on 61 cms high cupboard.
- DVD/video below in cupboard. CD/radio above TV on open shelf.
- wall lights.
Public Areas - WC
- Daubentons – loo down carpeted corridor upstairs off living area 89 cms wide.
- The Wainhouse - N/A
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- For sitting and dining rooms see Public Areas (General)
- Daubentons – separate utility room downstairs with under counter washing machine and tumble dryer
- The Wainhouse - washer/dryer under kitchen counter.
- level oak flooring.
- Table tennis table
- pool table.
- Daubentons – paved formal garden with raised beds, large grassy area, field and woodland with paved, grass and gravel paths.
- The Wainhouse – paved terrace with step down to grassy area
- croquet set available
- boules available
Conference & Meeting Rooms, Banqueting, Clubs, Entertainment
- General – pure Egyptian cotton sheets, duvet covers and pillow cases.
- feather and down duvets, feather or feather and down pillows. All have hypo-allergenic protectors.
- micro-fibre bedding available, also blankets.
- all beds are divans, 66 cms high.
- Daubentons – four en-suite bedrooms downstairs.
- Bedroom 1 – door 73 cms wide to passage way, 90 degree turn left through door 73 cms wide. Carpeted.
- Superkingsize bed.
- 1.3 metres either side bed.
- Wall lights with bedside lighting
- Bedroom 2 – short corridor 95 cms wide leading to door 82 cms wide.
- 1.25 metres + either side of bed.
- Wall lights and bedside lamps
- Bedroom 3 – 73 cms wide door.
- 90 cms either side bed
- Wall lights and bedside lamps.
- Bedroom 4 – door 73.5 cms wide, then short corridor 91 cms wide. Door to bedroom on right, 73.5 cms wide.
- Wall lights with reading lamps.
- The Wainhouse - single-storey so ground floor bedroom.
- door to bedroom 74.5 cms wide. Super-king bed.
- 60 cms and 45 cms available either side of bed.
- dressing table chair is 39 cms high.
- upholstered bedroom chair is 33 cms high (no arms)
- carpeted floor.
- chandelier lighting with bedside lamps.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [Ensuite]
- Daubentons – Bathroom 1 – double door entrance
- travertine tiles with bath 1750mm x 750 mm
- Separate pentagonal shower enclosure 1400 mm x 900 mm
- Two washbasins 88 cms high.
- Lavatory 40 seat cms high.
- Bathroom 2 – door 73.5 cms wide
- travertine tiled floor
- Showering bath 1700 x 720 mms.
- Lavatory seat 40 cms high
- Washbasin 85 cms high
- Bathroom 3 – door 73.5 cms wide
- travertine tiled floor
- shower enclosure 1200 mm x 900 mm
- lavatory seat 43 cms high
- washbasin 83 cms high
- Bathroom 4 – door
- travertine floor
- showering bath
- lavatory seat
- The Wainhouse - door to bathroom 72 cms wide.
- size 150 cms from door to bath, 167 cms wide.
- tiled floor, textured.
- showering bath with flat, textured surface at showering end.
- bath is 55 cms high.
- toilet seat 43 cms high.
- basin 84 cms high
- shaver socket 127 cms high.
- mirror 130 cms high.
- Double doors to enter kitchen
- Worktop 89 cms high
- Under cupboard lighting and ceiling lights
- Travertine floor
- The Wainhouse -
82 cms folding door to kitchen.
- laminate worktop 92 cms high.
- under cupboard lighting and ceiling lights.
- good contrast between floor, cupboards and worktop.
- fridge-freezer, freezer below (ground to 95 cms) fridge above (95 - 195 cms).
Grounds and Gardens
- Daubentons - paved formal garden with raised beds, large grassy area, field and woodland with paved, grass and gravel paths.
- The Wainhouse - small ramp out through large glazed full-length window to stone-flagged terrace. 10mm threshold strip.
- archway in hedge to grassy area with step down, gardens planted with selection of scented plants including herbs.
- Information can be supplied in large font if necessary.
- No smoking policy
- No pets
- Good mobile phone reception
- Internet access
- Address: The Woodhouse, Staplow, Ledbury, Herefordshire. HR8 1NP
- Telephone: 01531 640030
- Fax: 01531 640030
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.thewoodhousefarm.co.uk / www.thewoodhousefarmcottages.co.uk
- Local equipment hire companies: Shop Mobility Ledbury - Mr. Reg Taylor 01531 636333
- Local public transport numbers: Ledbury Railway Station 01531 635988
DRM Coaches 01885 483219
- Local accessible taxi numbers: Elite Private Taxi Service 01531 640332
Ledbury Taxi Service 01531 633596
Frome Private Hire Cars 01885 482456
- Changes to website under consideration to improve accessibility.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01531 640030 or email firstname.lastname@example.org